WAX at PVAC: Call for Entries Open through Feb. 3rd
Call For Entries
You are invited to participate in the Pajaro Valley Arts Council's jurried exhibit Wax: Contemporary Encaustic Works. The exhibit runs March 1 - April 15, 2012. The Pajaro Valley Arts Council (PVAC) was founded as a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization in 1984 to promote and foster cultural events in the Pajaro Valley and Santa Cruz County.
Juried by Wendy Aikin and Daniella Woolf, WAX
hopes to introduce the public to the diversity of methods and techniques
currently employed by contemporary encaustic artists. Two and three-
dimensional work will be considered.
- Pieces must include encaustic as the primary medium.
- A maximum of 3 pieces may be entered for consideration (4 if you are a member of PVAC.) On-line submittal will be available on 1/16/12 through 2/3/2012 at http://pajarovalleyartscouncil.org/WAX/entryform.
- Upon acceptance into the exhibit, you will be provided loan forms, shipping information and a request for participation fee, which will be due upon receipt of artwork.
- Pieces may be hand delivered directly to the Gallery. If shipped, artist is responsible for shipping costs, both to and from the Gallery. All shipped works must be packed to meet current professional shipping standards for artwork. All packing materials must be reusable for return shipment. The Gallery will not be responsible for damages to artwork incurred during shipping if packing materials do not meet professional standards.
- The pieces should be new to PVAC.
- There will be $30 participation fee to defray the costs of the exhibit due upon receipt of artwork.
- PVAC will retain 30% commission for pieces sold for PVAC members, or 45% commission for non-members. Go to http://pajarovalleyartscouncil.org/join for membership information.
- Individual pieces will be insured to a maximum $2500, while in the Gallery.
2/3/12 Friday Deadline for digital entry
2/6/12 Monday Electronic notification of acceptance
2/15/12 Wednesday Drop off of artwork at PVAC Gallery, 4:00 pm – 7:00pm
2/15-2/17 Wednesday-Friday Mailed entries will be received only on these days.
3/1/12 Thursday Exhibit Opens
3/4/12 Sunday Reception, 2:00 – 4:00
4/15/12 Sunday Exhibit closes and Artwork Pick Up, 2:00 – 4:00pm
4/15/12 Monday Pieces will be packaged to be mailed 4/16
4/15/12 Monday Artwork Pick Up, 10:00am – 2:00pm